If you haven’t tried rQ Ivory BBQ sauce yet, you’re missing some great opportunities to make some delicious BBQ sides! There are several “white” BBQ sauces on the market, but the rQ Ivory is the absolute bomb! The smooth and creamy texture with the perfect combination of BBQ seasonings make it fantastic in this grilled sweet potato salad!
- 3 sweet potatoes or jewel yams, each about 1 pound, peeled
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¾ cup rQ Ivory BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
1. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-low heat (about 350°F) and preheat a perforated grill pan for about 10 minutes.
2. Cut each sweet potato lengthwise in half, and then cut each half into ¾-inch slices. Peel and quarter the red onion. In a bowl whisk the oil, salt, pepper, cumin and add the potato slices and onion quarters. Toss to combine.
3. Spread the potatoes and onions in a single layer on the grill pan and grill over direct medium-low heat, with the lid closed, until quite tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 20 to 25 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and cool to room temperature.
4. Dice the red onions.
5. Add the cooled potatoes and onions to the bowl with the rQ Ivory BBQ Sauce. Gently stir to combine. Sprinkle the chives on top as garnish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled.